For the complete list of my professional editing services,
click here. I offer free, no obligation, 3-page sample edits of your MS.

Monday, September 19, 2011

The Ugly Side of Indie Publishing

I wrote a guest post for Andy Christofferson who is an indie author and a great tweep. The post “The Ugly Side of Indie Publishing” can be found in his blog. You can also follow him (Vizprod) on twitter. Disclaimer: If you’re a blind worshiper of everything indie (self-publishing) and/or easily offended, you might not want to read this. This is in no way of an advertisement for traditional publishing nor is it to dispute the validity of indie publishing. I believe that it's one's personal choice which route he or she takes. I just felt the need to inform the newbie writers of all sides of indie publishing, not just the hype. The truth is, there are many that will lead you to believe that indie publishing is the easiest way and the only successful way of getting one's book published. I don't think that's the entire truth. Newbie writers, do your research and make an informed choice. Thanks~ 

4 comments:

  1. Su. That was one great post! You do speak the truth and it's so good to hear in a world of marketing and deception. I do learn so much from you!

    You are a Ninja Kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That post was like a breath of fresh air. I'm planning to Indie publish and I have absolutely no intention of ruining a chance at making it a career. I'm reading an Indie book now that is driving me nuts on how terrible the editing was and the fact the story doesn't seem to really be going anywhere and yet this book has a lot of 5 star reviews. *cough that vaguely sounded like bull____!

    Publishing a book without an editor is like having surgery without tools for the surgeon. Flatline that career real quick, good night!

    No editor? I hired two, and may even get a 3rd if I have enough left. I'm not so good to attempt to not go with at least one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments and support. I'm not perfect nor did I claim to be perfect, but I do speak my mind. I think I'm allowed to do that on my blog or any blog post. And yes, I do have typos and errors. Does that reflect a bad lighting on my editing self? Maybe. I don't mind. When it comes to my job, I've never had any complaints, so I must be doing something right. And I will keep my typos and this imperfect blog running. For you guys. The writers who need help and could use my help. Thanks all~

    ReplyDelete